Top of the best campus apps nominated by Modo for the Appademy Awards
Modo’s Appademy Awards recognize universities and colleges for app development, design and user experience, and this year new categories like Virtual Beginning to reflect how campuses have adapted to the pandemic
Modo Labs is the best codeless app building platform for higher education and business, and today it released the winning academic apps at the annual Modo Appademy Awards. This jury award recognizes colleges and universities that have built exemplary digital experiences in applications built on the Modo platform. Click to tweet this news.
“The Appademy Awards not only recognize the dedicated and creative efforts of colleges using the Modo platform, but they also provide insight into the priorities and needs of higher education institutions,” said Matt Willmore, Senior Director of Product Marketing at Modo. “In this year’s entries, we’ve seen great examples of how college apps have made things easier, such as registering for courses and paying fees, and have also replaced many in-person college experiences. like orientation and graduation. “
A trend noted by the judges is that while some app features were created urgently due to the pandemic, they ended up being features retained by colleges when it became apparent that students and the staff were comfortable using them. Features like game ticket requests, registration, and add / remove appointments are now permanent and available even when restrictions are lifted.
“It’s impressive to see the diversity and creativity of the application development teams. We’ve seen time and time again in this year’s pool of applicants that colleges do more than just complete tasks, they create digital experiences and options for students to engage with their college in ways we don’t. never seen before and in a way that keeps the college engaging and immersive. experience, ”added Willmore.
The 2021 Appademy Awards feature one overall best app and two categories for student engagement and app design, and winners have come from all regions, including the Cayman Islands and Australia.
- Best Unified App – Winner: University of California, Merced
- Second place: Vassar College
Best apps for student engagement
- Best Health & Wellness App – Winner: Vassar College
- Second Place (TIE): University of California, Berkeley and University of Redlands
- Best Recruitment & Admissions – Winner: St Francis College
- Second place: University of Rhode Island
- Best Start – Winner (TIE): University of Central Florida and University of Connecticut
- Second place: Santa Monica College
- Best Orientation for New Students – Winner: The George Washington University
- Second Place: University of Northern Arizona
- Most Innovative Application for Communication – Winner (TIE): California State University, San Bernardino and University of Houston
- Second Place (TIE) University of Texas Arlington and Assumption University
Best apps for design and experience:
- Best Overall Design – Winner: Santa Monica College
- Second place: California State University, Channel Islands
- Best Student-Focused App – Winner: Northern Arizona University
- Second place: California State University, East Bay
- Best Marketplace – Winner: University of California, Berkeley
- Best Application Customization (XModule) – Winner: University of Houston
- Second place: Carson-Newman University
- Best Office Experience – Winner: Humboldt State University
- Second place: Penn State University
David Osburn, deputy director of communications and mobile strategy at Vassar College, which won the award for best health and wellness app, said the college has redesigned the app this year with special attention helping their communities get through the health crisis. “We are delighted that Vassar Mobile has been honored with the Health and Wellness Appademy Award 2021! This year has been a challenge for everyone’s mental and physical health and well-being. We are proud of the work we have done to provide our audience with quick and easy access to tools and resources that can help during such a difficult time.
The Appademy Award-winning designs and “pieces” serve as examples and best practice models for other institutions around the world, including the more than 300 that use the Modo code-free platform.
See a webinar announcing the winners here.
Discover the new Martech Cube podcast. For more updates like this, follow us on Google News Martech News