On cell phone models, the app will stop working this year
Being the most used messaging app in the world, WhatsApp needs to be renewed And constantly updated to stay ahead of millions of users around the world Who chose him as their first contact. These changes include Improvements and implementation of more functionsIn general, updates are installed automatically, unless they require additional permissions, or if You are The device is no longer supported With this new version.
In order not to surprise users with these issues, the company publishes in advance These are the models and operating systems that will stop working With the application, they age. What has been said previously? As of November 1, 2021, it will no longer be supported With many phones that will not be able to support the new updates.
Then list Phones will soon become incompatible With WhatsApp.
Operating systems compatible with WhatsApp
According to the latest information provided by the FAQ blog at WhatsAppThe app is currently supported Phone (s which has an operating system identical to Android OS 4.1 and later versions. In the case of Apple, IOS 10 and later devices They can keep having fun Messaging functions Without any complications. In addition to those who have KaiOS 2.5.1 and later, including devices JioPhone and JioPhone 2.
The company previously released which models and operating systems will stop working with the app.
Operating systems are not compatible with WhatsApp
As of November 1, 2021, the Equipment which has an operating system Android 4.04 and earlier, will not be compatible with a program. will also arrive with Mobile phones with iOS 9 and earlier operating systemsTherefore, it is recommended to update your iPhone to iOS 10 or later.
Which models have operating systems that are not available for WhatsApp?
– Samsung: Galaxy Trend Lite, Galaxy Trend II, Galaxy S3 mini, Galaxy Xcover 2, Galaxy Core, Galaxy Ace 2.
– Sony: Xperia M.
– Huawei: Ascend G740, Ascend Mate, Ascend D2.
– LG: Lucidum 2, Best F7, Best F5, Optimus L3 2 Double best F5, Optimus L5 2, Optimus L5 Double Optimus L3 2, Optimus L7 2 Double Optimus L7 2, Best F6, enact, Best L4 2 Double Best F3, the best S4 2, Optimus L2 2, best F3Q.
– ZTE: Grand S Flex, ZTE V956, Grand X Quad V987, Grand Mémo.
– Aharon: Archos 53 Platinum, HTC Desire 500, Caterpillar Cat B15, Wiko Cink Five, Wiko Darknight, Lenovo A820, UMi X2, Faea F1, THL W8.
– Apple iPhone SE (16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB).
– Apple iPhone 6S (16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB, 128 GB).
– Apple iPhone 6S Plus (16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB, 128 GB).
With a backup, you can keep the chats you have on your current device (Pixabay /)
How to protect chats if WhatsApp stops working on your device
The most viable option is To transfer your rendez-vous To a phone supporting the latest version from the app. If you have an updated backup, when you install WhatsApp on another cell phone, entering your phone number will give you the option to restore your data.
Another option is Export chat history in a format that allows you to send it via E-mail. This option is an alternative if you plan to purchase a device with a different operating system, as in these cases the information cannot be retrieved.
If you own one of these phones, you can continue to enjoy the functions of WhatsAppAnd You must necessarily Purchase a device with an operating system supported by the app before November 1 from this year.
it may interest you
(Video) Google is making its own chips for the new Pixel phones