Global Location Strategies presents the next generation site selection application
First site selection firm Global Location Strategies (GLS) has developed a cloud-based analytical platform for location benchmarking. Called Site Shepherd ™, the digital app allows users to filter, rate and financially rate location data with the goal of providing optimal location recommendations from anywhere in the world.
Location benchmarking is the process of comparing the advantages and disadvantages of the location to determine the most competitive regions, sites or buildings for new business operations.
Site Shepherd is the brainchild of Founding Director of GLS Didi Caldwell which says, “Site Shepherd was developed to tame the tsunami of big data that is needed to make clear, strategic decisions about where to locate.” What used to take weeks and multiple spreadsheets to decipher can now be done on a single platform, often in days, or even hours, with Site Shepherd.
With Site Shepherd, users eliminate the need for spreadsheets by importing site-specific data into their personal cloud-based storage. The intelligent technology platform analyzes and scores sites based on user-defined criteria and provides visual insights and recommendations on the optimal location for a new business. Using data-driven analytics, Site Shepherd eliminates human bias and strategically leverages a high volume of data points to pinpoint potential locations.
For example, a typical location benchmarking for an automotive manufacturing plant might involve evaluating 50 sites around the world. The project manager can receive up to 500 data points per site for a cumulative total of 25,000 data points. In the past, these tens of thousands of data points were managed in spreadsheets like Microsoft Excel, which required transposing the data into various analytical models and multiple touchpoints each time a data was updated. With Site Shepherd, the same data is imported into a cloud-based database, dramatically reducing processing time. Whenever an update is performed on a data point, the information is automatically transferred to all analytical models: mandatory selection, conditional needs scoring and financial assessment.
Marketing Technology News: SignEasy Launches Electronic Signatures for Google Sheets
In addition to saving time, Site Shepherd also offers:
- Large volume location data management. Users can upload their own location data or import it from Lasso, a location data collection application.
- Full customization. You determine the locations you want to compare and develop the criteria that are important to your decision.
- Project Templates. Don’t start from scratch. Start with an integrated project profile with detailed project criteria by industry sector and sub-sector.
- Fatal flaw analysis. First filter the locations of fatal faults with the “must” analysis.
- Weighted comparative rating of locations. Compare locations according to all criteria and with any rating scale
- Financial analysis for operating costs, investment costs, revenues and ESG costs.
- Geospatial visualization powered by Mapbox.
- Site selection analytical visualization powered by PowerBI.
- A network of alliance partners with Site Selection Tech, a group of technology providers of which GLS is a member.
Site Shepherd is for those who prefer to carry out the site selection process themselves. Primary users include businesses, business development organizations, architects, engineers, contractors, real estate brokers, real estate developers, and site selectors.
Caldwell says GLS has been developing the technology over the past five years and after 12 months of successful beta testing they are confident in Site Shepherd’s accuracy and market demand.
“There will always be many companies at the enterprise level that will need the personal services of a professional site selection consultant for location analysis, but for the vast majority of companies there is Site Shepherd, ”she said.
GLS to officially unveil Site Shepherd this week at the SelectUSA virtual conference June 7-11. Registered attendees can find GLS under the title “Site Selection Tech” in the exhibitors section of the virtual conference platform where they can schedule a time to demonstrate the software.
Marketing Technology News: OneTrust is “Directly the Market Leader” and Ranked # 1 in Privacy Software Market Share